Sunday, September 26, 2010

Zig Zag Blunt Wraps



Hiya :-)

I finally again time to talk about the past week:
Last Friday began my first weekend off so I could with a few other volunteers to Pietermaritzburg go to the mall to me as a rug to buy for my room because the floor by the constant rain in the rainy season is extremely disgusting.

Saturday I went with Robert and Bekki by minibus to Qualimba (a valley in the area) to migrate to the Table Mountain. Minibuses here are the main means of transportation for the dark-skinned. It is a mini bus stop, ask around, which bus goes to your destination and when you einsteigt then hopefully in the right bus, sit Black people in it, without exception. The bus departs once all the approximately 20 seats are filled, so there is no timetable. If it goes off, start all the people herauszukramen their money. The fare is announced not before, everybody knows by heart. Each then gives the money to the vehicle ahead and a short time later you get the change again, although nobody knows for how many people actually want to pay or who has given how much: do not know how that works. I also wondered total, that even here in South Africa does the trust fund and pocketed no money. For white women it will be very dangerous to drive minibuses, which is why we always Men need to take any.

With such a bus so we are driven to the Valley and when we realized that we got ourselves further and further away from the Table Mountain, from us and began to walk through the valley towards the mountain. The people there were totally loving, greeted us and we have used our mini-Zulukünste to greet them. Robert then asked any man for the shortest path and the latter told him that it would take 6 hours, from there to run out high. He then offered us, drive us up pretty up and we took the offer with thanks. Once there we had to only about a half hour hike up until we were able to enjoy the breathtaking views. We ran about 4 hours around the mountain to the underlying Valley view from all sides. Back then we were down 2 hours, until we drove up to a nice police officer to the site to GGA. On the way there were Bekki and I on the bed of the pick-ups and have the people waved: It was so nice to see how much they were happy about it. So far I have met only South Africans who are we Germans confronted very friendly and helpful. Yesterday I was talking with a girl who had been to Germany.
She said that she missed her very much, to be greeted by strangers, since everyone really any "Hey, how are you?" asks. I promised her that I try to also introduce this in Germany :-)
Back to my week: Sunday I drove with Bekki, Robert and David to Durban to the beach, now I am become beautiful brown :-) Monday was
the so-called "food drop" is announced. GGA then buys an important foods such as Putu, beans, sugar, salt, soap and soup for families in the surrounding valleys. After 3-hour delay, we went around 11:30 go for shopping. There, waiting for Heather, the founder of GGA on us and I could finally meet. She asked me if we do not even try out the camping chairs. I was confused and walked until I found out that they only wanted something to remain in their seats. That all other were waiting for us, she did not care in South Africa are more important than any social contact dates.
The shopping was not until 3:30, so we no longer came to distribute.
evening had Suziwe, the girl that has me a t-get-shirt, birthday and she was very bored: I played it for a while with her and later she asked me if I do not you could read you a bedtime story : This question I never expected from a 13-year-old girl. When I started read a children's story, another teenager came to and listened to, It has shown me that the young people who want affection. I got even kisses on the cheek in gratitude for the time taken.
Tuesday my body produced a lot of happiness, I must with the 3 - week trip through all the possible countries of southern Africa. Heather it offers every year and it was said to be the highlight of each voluntary year. There we will take turns sleeping in backpacker hostels and the open air, undertake activities such as sand surfing, rafting and bungee jumping (which I will not make deifinitiv) and hopefully a lot of wonderful continent Africa get to see.
The trip cost me 800 euros but although the great experience it is worth to me, the rest of the year a little less money at their disposal and where do you get for 3 weeks "Safari holiday" for 800 €?
;-) I'll make a lot of photos to make you something to leave to attend.
Wednesday then we distributed the purchased food. Again, it was totally nice to be able to admire the scenery on a 4-hour car ride and the people see that were pleased with the donation.
Friday started again a free weekend since the layers were changed again and I am unfortunately ended up in, this weekend was free :-)
sailed We returned to Pietermaritzburg in the mall and went to the movies there to show us the movie "Step Up 3" to view. It was difficult to understand the conversation because the film was shown in English, of course, but the majority I could understand.
At 21 clock it went to the hut of the Norwegians to celebrate a little bit there. All girls are using this opportunity to make up to something again and pretty to wear, since the GGA is in everyday life totally unnecessary.




Yesterday and today we all played just something with the children and tried them the boring weekend as comfortable how to make this possible. It's really a shame we can not take them because we have actually planned a hike with the older kids.



They are Crechies, to take care of myself, while bathing.

report to the top of the Table Mountain

0 comments:

Post a Comment